Friday, June 13, 2008

Swimming to Burn Calories

I have been swimming for a few years and have met many people in the pool. Some of these people are first timers and others are pros. Everybody has difference reasons for being in the pool, but I have never met someone who has said:

"I burn calories swimming!"

This is just not reason enough. Swimming is not a very easy sport to get into, unlike some other sports. Swimming is a tough sport, as it requires you to get in and out of water even when you don't feel like it. If you say to me I swim to burn calories. I'm afraid you are in the wrong place, it will take alot of work to be able to burn the calories you want. Now if you say to me I do it to lose weight and get fit, that's a different story. You can far better see the results if this is your motivation and not shedding calories.

I guess what i'm trying to say is that what is your motivation behind you swimming. If it is to burn calories swimming, then you might be very demotivated in a short space of time. BUT if you change it to I want to be fit, look good and feel great, then you might just find yourself it for a awesome ride, I mean swim.

No comments: